Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people – our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to “Always Do The Right Thing!”
This position is responsible for the delivery of direct clinical services, oversight and administration of the psychiatric aspects of the sex offender treatment program and mental illness in the facility, evaluation for and prescribing of psychotropic medication, on-call/crisis responsibility, and evaluation and treatment of all residents with psychiatric problems.
Education for Psychiatrist:
Experience for Psychiatrist:
• Five (5) years experience in the practice of psychiatry with at least one year experience providing psychiatric services to patients in an inpatient, forensic or residential setting.
• Must be in good standing with the Board of Medicine.
• Must be able to work with computers and the necessary software used by the facility.
• Must be able to work with staff at all levels of the facility.
• Above average written and verbal communication.
Licenses/Certifications for Psychiatrist:
1. Assumes leadership role in oversight and direction of the psychiatric aspects of the sex offender treatment program and the evaluation and treatment of the mentally ill residents of the facility.
2. Performs comprehensive psychiatric evaluations.
3. Provides psychotherapy services to assigned patients.
4. Provides "medical psychotherapy" to those patients where there is a medical or psychiatric interface of problems and is either influencing therapy or complicating existing psychological condition and requires the expertise of a MD.
5. Manages, in collaboration with the team leaders and therapists, the evaluation of patients needing psychotropic medication and prescribing medication as indicated, including psychopharmacologic treatments and monitoring for sex offenders.
6. Monitors the effectiveness of medication, side effects, and determines the need for any changes in medication for patients. Coordinates services with other clinicians or multidisciplinary team providing treatment to the same patient.
7. Facilitates the admission of patients to hospitals, when this is clinically indicated and to follow-up, as needed, with these patients while they are hospitalized.
8. Facilitates the inclusion of outpatient staff in evaluation and treatment occurring in hospital.
9. Provides in-service education presentations in the areas of Psychiatry, Psychopharmacology or other pertinent topics.
10. Participates in the team meetings held every 180-days for residents prescribed psychotropic medication for mental illnesses or to lower sexual arousal.
11. Participates in the treatment planning process of all residents assigned to the mental health caseload.
12. Provides the psychiatric care of mentally ill residents.
13. Participates in the quality assurance/improvement program.
14. Assists with development and implementation of policies and procedures pertaining to the psychiatric care provided at the facility.
15. Provides clinical oversight and supervision to those clinicians providing other forms of mental health care.
16. Works closely with the primary care physician and ARNPs regarding the medical aspects of psychiatric treatments.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer